- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 200 g wild mushrooms, such as pied bleucleaned
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- thyme, or dried thymeto taste
- black pepper
- crusty bread, to serve
- prosciutto, to serve (optional)
1. Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and heat over a low heat. Add the bay leaves and garlic cloves.
2. Tip in the mushrooms and stir so they're coated in oil. Fry until lightly browned.
3. Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Using a slotted spoon remove the mushrooms and transfer to a heatproof serving dish and set aside to cool.
5. Add the vinegar to the same frying pan and bring to the boil.
6. As the liquid reduces add the thyme and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Pour this hot vinaigrette dressing over the mushrooms and leave on one side to cool.
8. Serve as an antipasto dish with crusty bread and slices of prosciutto.
Rate This Recipe