- Serves: 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g mixed wild mushrooms, ceps, field mushrooms, etc
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4-5 shallots, chopped
- splash calvados, or brandy
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml double cream
- pinch mixed spice, or freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the mushrooms until soft. Pour off any excess liquid they give off. Set a few whole mushrooms to one side.
3. Mix the mushrooms with the rest of the ingredients and purée in a food processor until smooth. Sir in the remaining whole mushrooms to give it some texture.
4. Spoon the pate into a terrine or ovenproof dish and cover with a lid or foil secured with string. Place the terrine in a bain marie (or roasting tin filled with water to come halfway up the sides of the terrine) and cook for in the oven for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to stand. When cooled place in the fridge overnight to chill before serving.
Rate This Recipe