- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 30 g shallots, chopped
- ï¿½ tsp herbs, such as thyme and rosemary, finely chopped
- 100 g wild mushrooms, sliced if large
- 50 g arborio risotto rice
- 300 ml hot mushroom stock
- dashes of single cream
- 30 g parmesan, shaved
1. Heat the oil and half the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and herbs, and gently fry for a few minutes until the shallots are translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften.
3. Add the rice, stirring constantly.
4. When the rice has absorbed all the moisture in the pan, stir in a ladleful of the hot stock. Keep stirring until it's all absorbed then add another ladleful. Continue stirring and adding stock until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is al dente.
5. Stir in a dash of cream and the remaining butter. Season to taste.
6. Scatter the Parmesan wafers over the top and serve.
Rate This Recipe