- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g wild mushrooms
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 1 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- black pepper
- crostini, to serve
1. Wipe the mushrooms with a lightly damp cloth and chop into pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and sweat the onion.
3. Add in the mushrooms and fry, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Add in the stock, regenerated porcini and their soaking water, if using and the potato. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Using a mouli or blender, blend the soup until smooth.
7. Return to the pan and gently heat through. Serve immediately with crostini.
Rate This Recipe