- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 800 g long grain and wild rice, mixed together
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 6 button mushrooms, finely diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
For the salad dressing:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemons
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- black pepper
1. Place the rice in a large saucepan. Cover generously with water, season with salt and bring to the boil.
2. Cover the saucepan, reduce the temperature and simmer the rice for 20 minutes until the rice is al dente. Drain the rice thoroughly in a colander and allow to cool.
3. Mix together the cooled rice, red pepper, green pepper, red onion, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, coriander and parsley.
4. Make the salad dressing by mixing together the olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice, mustard, honey and garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Pour the salad dressing over the rice salad and toss through. Serve.
Rate This Recipe