- Serves: Makes 10 cubes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: medium
For the salmon tartare
- 150 g wild salmon fillet, finely diced
- 50 ml lime juice
- 4 tbsp ginger juice, 1 x 20cm ginger root, grated and squeezed
- dash tabasco
- 1 shallot, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 8 tsp fish sauce
- 2 strips pickled ginger, finely diced
- 4 tsp chopped dill
For the potato cubes
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 3-4 large Maris Piper potatoes, peeled, cut into perfect 3cm cubes, middles scooped out with a melon baller and rinsed in cold water (use the waste for making into chips or sautéing)
- 10 tsp Greek yogurt
- 2 chives, top ends snipped into 2cm lengths
- 1 x 10g jar flying fish roe
1. For the salmon tartare: mix all the ingredients together and chill for 20 minutes
2. For the potato cubes: heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 160C.
3. Drain and dry the potato cubes and cook in the hot oil for 6 minutes. Remove the potatoes.
4. Turn up the fryer to 180C and cook the potatoes for 4 minutes or until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. Serve by filling each cube with a little Greek yogurt, then top with salmon tartare, chives and flying fish roe.
Rate This Recipe