- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.2 kg akotaki mochi rice, washed
- 1.2 kg kamameshi stock
- 4 sticks celery, diced
- 100 g miso butter
- 6 wild tiger prawns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 5 cm piece ginger, sliced
- pinches chrysanthemum flowers
- 1 spring onion, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Combine the rice, kamameshi stock, celery and aburage in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for a further 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 4 minutes.
4. Add the miso butter and yuzu.
5. Push the tiger prawns onto skewers. Heat the oil and fry the prawns for 2 minutes, until golden. Transfer to the oven and roast for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven and squeeze over the lemon juice.
6. Transfer the kamameshi to a large serving dish and top with the cooked prawns. Scatter over the chilli, lemon zest, ginger, chrysanthemums and spring onion and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe