- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150g piece of smoked belly bacon, pancetta, or Poitrine fume
- 30 g butter
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 plump cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, hopped
- 500 g wild mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- handful of herbs, (use any you have available)
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 12 slices Bayonne ham
1. Cut the bacon into small chunks or lardons.
2. Heat the butter and oil together in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, shallots and bacon.
3. Stir in the mushrooms and gently fry everything for 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Add the herbs and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and give everything a good stir, making sure to catch any sticky bits from the side of the pan. Leave the mixture to cool for a few minutes.
5. Lay the slices of Bayonne ham out on a clean surface and spoon some of the mix into the middle of each. Wrap them into parcels and eat immediately with fingers!!
Rate This Recipe