- Serves: makes about 300ml
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 ml red wine, or white wine
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 250 g caster sugar
- optional flavourings: orange peel, rosemary, thyme, peppercorns, etc.
1. Put all the ingredients in a pan, including any chosen flavouring and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved completely.
2. Heat to simmering and simmer for about 10 minutes until a pouring syrup is achieved.
3. Cool and serve with salads, pates and cheese.
Rate This Recipe