- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g ready-made puff pastry
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp winter savory
- 50 g beluga lentils
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 500 g smoked haddock
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g lancashire cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line a 20 cm flan ring. Transfer to the fridge while you make the filling.
2. Halve the tomatoes and transfer to a roasting tin. Sprinkle over half the winter savoury and bake for about 20 minutes, until the savoury is crisp.
2. Cook the beluga lentils with the shallot, garlic and vegetable stock for about 20 minutes, until tender. Leave on one side to cool.
3. Heat the whipping cream, and when hot, add the smoked haddock and poach for about 4 minutes. Drain the fish and reserve the cream. Set aside to cool.
4. Scatter the cooked lentils and haddock over the base of the pastry-lined flan ring.
5. Take the reserved haddock cream and combine with the eggs, cheese, remaining winter savoury and chives. Season and pour onto the flan.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is cooked and golden, and the filling firm to the touch.
7. Cut the flan into wedges and serve hot or cold with the mixed leaves and roasted tomatoes.
Rate This Recipe