- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the filling
- 250 g minced pork
- 250 g raw prawns, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 cm piece ginger, grated
For the wontons
- 250 g wonton wrappers
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
For the soup
- 350 g dried or fresh egg noodles
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Put the pork and prawns in a large bowl; add the salt and pepper and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Cover the bowl with food wrap and chill for at least 20 minutes.
2. Put 1 tablespoon of the filling in the centre of a wonton skin. Dampen the edges with a little water and bring up the sides of the skin around the filling. Pinch the edges together at the top to seal; it should look like a small filled bag. Fill the remaining wontons.
3. Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Pour the stock, soy sauce and sesame oil into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
5. Fill a separate pan with salted water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, before poaching the wontons for 1 minute or until they float to the top. Remove them immediately, transfer them to the pan with stock and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Spoon the noodles into individual bowls, ladle over the soup and wontons. Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe