- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 140 g plain flour
- 5 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil, plus vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp fresh coconut
- 1½ tbsp roasted peanuts, pounded
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, fried
- 1 tbsp sugar
1. Sift the flour and divide it into two even-sized portions in two separate bowls.
2. Add 4 tablespoons of water into one portion of flour and knead the mixture until it forms a dough.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of oil to the remaining portion of flour and knead it until it forms a soft dough.
4. Mix the two doughs together and knead the dough mixture until soft.
5. Roll out the dough finely. Using a circular pastry cutter, cut out pastry discs.
6. In a bowl, mix together the coconut, peanuts, sesame seeds and sugar with the remaining oil and water.
7. Place a spoonful of the coconut mixture in the centre of a pastry disc. Brush the edges with water, fold over to make a half-moon shape and seal the edges together.
8. Repeat the process until all the pastry discs have been used up.
9. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer. Add in the pastries and fry until golden brown on both sides, around 5 minutes.
10. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe