- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 ml milk
- 175 g cheddar cheese, or Lancashire cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 dashes of tabasco, to taste
- 1 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices bacon
1. Heat the milk and add the cheese together until the cheese has melted and then stir in the mustard powder, breadcrumbs and flour. This should create thick sauce.
2. Remove from the heat and then stir in the eggs.
3. Add Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Grill the slice of bread and place into a heatproof serving dish.
5. Fry the bacon until crisp and then place a slice on to each slice of toast. Pour the rarebit mixture over with the bacon and put under grill for a few minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with apple and tomato chutney.
Rate This Recipe