- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 minutes resting
- Effort: easy
- 10 tbsp vegetable oil
- 130 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinches salt
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml sparkling water
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour and egg along with a pinch of salt.
2. Pour in half the milk and, using a wooden spoon, mix into the flour until well combined and smooth. Slowly add the remaining milk and the sparkling water. Continue to beat until well mixed and the surface is covered with little bubbles, then leave to rest for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Pour the vegetable oil into a baking tray (or a 12-hole Yorkshire pudding tray) and place in the oven for 10 minutes, until the oil is very hot.
4. Pour the batter into the hot baking tray and cook for 35-40 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Serve.
Rate This Recipe