- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus freezing and resting
- Effort: easy
For the ice cream
- 250 ml full fat milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 2 vanilla pods, split, seeds scraped
- 6 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 20 g glucose
For the Yorkshire puddings
- 520 ml full fat milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 225 g plain flour
- vegetable oil or beef dripping
For the caramel sauce
- 250 g caster sugar
- 350 ml double cream
1. For the ice cream: bring the milk, cream and vanilla to the boil. Whisk the yolks and sugar together, add the cream and pour back into the pan and cook out until it coats the back of a spoon.
2. Take off the heat, whisk in the glucose. Pass through a sieve and churn in an ice-cream maker for 20 mins.
3. For the Yorkshire puddings: mix the milk and eggs together and gradually add to the flour with a pinch of salt. Leave to settle for at least a couple of hours.
4. Pre-heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Add a little oil or dripping into the Yorkshire pudding tin and once hot, add the batter. Bake for 20-30 mins.
5. For the caramel sauce: add sugar to a warmed frying pan and allow to caramelise.
6. Place a small amount of the cream in the caramel and whisk. Slowly incorporate the rest of the cream.
7. To serve scoop some ice cream into the centre of each Yorkshire pudding and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Rate This Recipe