- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large cup plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 large cup eggs
- 1 large cup mixed milk and water
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 120 g beef dripping, for cooking
Tips and Suggestions
This Yorkshire pudding recipe works not by weight, but by volume. Use any size cup, but measure each ingredient with the same cup. Brian's not sure what the vinegar does in the recipe, but his Granny used it and it seems to work so why change it!
1. Set the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. To make the batter, sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
2. Add the eggs and beat well with half the liquid until all the lumps have disappeared.
3. Add the rest of the liquid and the vinegar, and allow to stand.
4. In a Yorkshire pudding tin put a desert spoon of dripping in each compartment and place in the preheated oven until the dripping is very hot.
5. Whisk up the batter and quickly remove the Yorkshire pudding tin from the oven.
6. Ladle the batter into the individual sections of the tin and place back in the oven.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, without opening the oven if possible. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe