- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr refrigeration
- Effort: medium
- 8 ginger biscuits, crushed
- 8 tbsp orange liqueur
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 ml cherry liqueur
- 1 orange, zest
- chocolate-covered orange peel, to serve
1. Sprinkle 2 broken biscuits in the base of 4 large wine glasses, and sprinkle with orange liqueur.
2. Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Tip in the egg yolks, caster sugar, cherry liqueur and orange zest and whisk until the mixture is smooth foamy and tripled in volume.
3. Pour the mixture over the biscuits in each of the glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. To serve, decorate the zabaglione with a couple of slivers of chocolate-covered orange peel.
Rate This Recipe