- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 150 ml vin santo
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 100 g marzipan
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 handfuls dates, stones removed, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest
1. Whisk the caster sugar and egg yolks together in a large, heatproof bowl until pale and fluffy, then whisk in the vin santo.
2. Place the bowl over a pan of just-simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesnt touch the water. Continue whisking over the heat, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about five minutes.
3. Dust the work surface with icing sugar and roll out the marzipan until it is about 3mm thick.
4. Mix together the banana, dates, lime juice and zest and spoon the mixture across one end of the marzipan. Roll up the marzipan to create a cannelloni shape, sealing the end by brushing with water. Cut the roll into 3 inch cannelloni.
5. To serve, place the cannelloni onto plates and spoon over the zabaglione.
Rate This Recipe