- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 fillets of zander
- 2 tsp oil
For the carrot and orange powder
- 6 large carrots, grated
- 2 large oranges, grated zest
- pinches sugar
For the radicchio salad
- 300 ml orange juice
- 4 cardamom pods, roasted
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 radicchio, sliced
- 50 ml olive oil
1. To make the carrot and orange powder: preheat the oven to 110C/gas 1/4 or its lowest setting.
2. Wrap the carrot and orange zest in muslin and squeeze out the excess juice. Spread the mixture out on a baking tray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and the sugar. Dry in the oven for 2-3 hours until crisp. Grind to a powder in a food processor and pass through a fine sieve. Store in an airtight jar until required.
3. To make the fish: rub the carrot and orange powder over both sides of the fillets and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
4. Heat the oil in a griddle pan and when hot chargrill the fish on both sides until cooked.
5. To make the radicchio salad: preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
6. Heat the orange juice in a pan, and then add the cardamom pods, bay leaf and sugar. Cook steadily until reduced and thickened.
7. Place the sliced radicchio in a baking tin or dish with the orange and cardamom sauce. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes until cooked. When cooked stir in the olive oil.
8. To serve: arrange the radicchio salad on a plate and place the chargrilled fish fillets on top.
Rate This Recipe