- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg mixed firm-flesh fish, such as monkfish or salmon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g celery
- 200 g leeks, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 kg tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml fish stock
- juice of 2 limes
- black pepper
- small bunch of coriander, to garnish
1. Cut the fish into 4 cm cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the celery, leeks, onions and fish and fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in the garlic and chilli powder.
4. Add the tomatoes, chopped chilli, coconut milk, stock and coriander. Simmer for 10 minutes. Just before serving add the limejuice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately, garnished with extra coriander. Rice makes an ideal accompaniment.
Rate This Recipe