- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g whole almonds
- 100 g blanched flaked almonds
- 450 g granulated sugar
- zest of 1 oranges, finely grated
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Spread the almonds onto a baking sheet. Gently roast in the oven until they are light golden.
3. Put the sugar in a heavy based saucepan and heat until it dissolves to a liquid and turns a golden/amber colour, making sure you swivel the sugar in the pan almost constantly. As soon as you have a sugar caramel remove the pan from the heat and stir in the almonds and orange zest.
4. Pour onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and flatten with a spoon slightly. Leave this to cool and sets completely solid, and then it can be broken into shards.
Rate This Recipe