- Serves: 4 - 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g orzo pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for cooking pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 50 g unsalted capers
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
Tips and Suggestions
Orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta named (in Italian) after the barley grain it also resembles. If you cannot get it, try to find an alternative of a similar size.
1. Cook the orzo pasta in boiling salted water with a generous splash of olive oil, according to the packet instructions.
2. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water until fully cooled.
3. Stir through the olive oil, garlic, spring onions, capers, lemon zest and flat-leaf parsley.
4. Season well with a squeeze of lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper.
Rate This Recipe