- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the fish
- 250 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp finely chopped herbs, such as tarragon, basil, mint or parsley
- 150 g pine nuts
- 1 1/2 lemons, finely grated zest only
- 75 g butter
- 8 round white fish, fillets (about 150g each), skin removed
For the salsa verde
- 3 handfuls parsley, leaves
- 2 lemons, juice and grated zest
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 150 ml olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Oil a baking tray with vegetable oil or line with baking parchment.
2. Place the breadcrumbs in a food processor, along with the herbs, pine nuts, lemon zest and salt, and whiz together for a minute or two to combine. Melt the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat, then add the breadcrumb mixture and stir well to combine it should be quite moist, but if it isnt, then add some more butter.
3. Place each portion of fish skin side down on the prepared baking tray and cover with the breadcrumb mixture. Place in the oven and cook for 1015 minutes or until the breadcrumb topping is crisp and golden and the fish is opaque all the way through.
4. For the salsa verde: place the parsley, lemon zest, garlic and capers in a food processor and whiz until finely chopped. Mix in the lemon juice and olive oil, adding more oil if you want it to be a bit more runny, and season to taste with salt and pepper it might not need salt, as capers can be quite salty.
5. Remove the cooked fish from the oven and serve warm with some salsa verde on the side.
Rate This Recipe