- Serves: makes 2 loaf cakes
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 medium eggs
- 240 ml corn oil
- 480 g caster sugar
- 720 g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 480 g courgettes, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- butter, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. In a large mixing bowl break in the eggs and add the oil. Whisk thoroughly for 5 minutes.
3. Add the caster sugar and beat for a further 3 minutes.
4. Fold in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, grated courgettes, vanilla essence and walnuts, mixing well.
5. Pour the cake mix into 2 greased and lined 900g loaf tins, dividing it evenly between the two.
6. Bake for 1 hour until risen and golden. Serve it warm or cold in slices with butter.
Rate This Recipe