- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g mixed summer berries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 20 ml amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 30 ml water
For the Meringue:
- 4 egg whites
- 150 g icing sugar
- 70 g ricotta cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Brandy or Sambuca liqueur brandy, to flame
1. Place the berries, caster sugar and Amaretto into a saucepan and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add the water and simmer gently for a further 2-3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to heatproof dish and leave to cool.
3. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites and icing sugar together until firm and glossy and then gently fold in the ricotta cheese until evenly mixed.
4. Spoon the meringue mixture over the prepared fruit, making a slight dip in the centre.
5. Set the dish on a baking tray and grill for 5-6 minutes until golden.
6. Remove the dish from the grill, pour the brandy or Sambuca into the centre of the meringue, carefully set it alight and serve whilst still flaming.
Rate This Recipe